Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

21 October 2008

...sometimes you are the bug


So hey, I have the worst saddle sores I've ever experienced! Yes, it is incredible. I should say they are incredible. Last week I wore my sh___y Voler team shorts (allright, so they're Voler and they're 4 years old...) on the long fixed cyclocross jaunt out to Fort Ord and the reward was the beginning of my current triumvirate of sores. My own private feifdom of abscessive discomfort. 2 have merged to form 1, which is actually the smaller of the remaining duo- the other is swollen and throbby.

I applied tea tree oil to my crotch (refreshing!) and laid off the riding for several days, but Sunday's commute caused a resurgence, and yestiday night I went for a sneaky night ride with a buddy in from out of town (how are you not gonna do that?) which was short and in plainclothes, but really brought the situation to a head. So to speak.

This morning it was lancing. That's hard to do: there's stuff in the way; and it's a weird angle; hard to see what's going on; and honestly, who feels comfortable wielding needles around such? I hope this gets better quick now that I've, uh, opened up? come clean? Because going to see a doctor about this is not so appealing.

Crap.

15 comments:

fxdwhl said...

recently I've had luck with diaper cream to qwell irritation early. shammys don't often grace my postier either.

worst ever was 400 fixed in 48 hours with poly boxers and dickies. lasted weeks after that. very famiar with the needle then.

Little_Jewford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Little_Jewford said...

eeze, be careful...not a saddle sore but here is an example how things things can turn ugly:

http://www.mollycameron.com/page/2/

I'm a bit of a spandex geek...I don the outfit for my 12.5 mile commute...thinking about getting some baggies with liners but in general I never get out in civis or such

Fxdwhl...how does it feel to be a swing vote?

fxdwhl said...

I live in blue, work in red. I've yet to hear Niger thrown around but that's the general consensus. pretty sad state of affairs. Pittsburgh, Alabama, Philadelphia; west to east.

Little_Jewford said...

Pitt->Pennsyltucky->Philly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsyltucky

Lord Hayden said...

This whole post needs one of those black rectangles over it.

You should tell your sores to get real so we can ride bikes this weekend, if'n you're around.

macmorg said...

What, no pictures?!

reverend dick said...

Diaper cream does work, we've been out of it for a while. this shall serve as a reminder to get more.

Here's hoping I do not get a systemic infection from this.

This post does need an anonymizing rectangle.

Corm....this is a blog for people of quality! No, really.

Hunter Cycles said...

yeah no doubt, get real man...keep it to yourself. poor baby...
your ash-hole or mine

reverend dick said...

rik the _ick...what are you saying?

you wanna ride the bikes, you lemme know.

Little_Jewford said...

If anyone wants to ride early on Sat I would be down with it...I need to get some race prep (for running results, not racing myself) and a lecture done in the afternoon...

everyone heading north on Sunday for the Bella CX Race?

Anonymous said...

Diaper cream. Good to know. I had this problem after my first brevet this year. It happened despite my favorite shammy and it ultimately came to lancing.
I cried.
Someone told me to treat with Vaseline, which I did. I'm not sure how much it sped healing, though, and what I really wanted was a topical that would NUMB that SHIT!

reverend dick said...

I have used Noxema to good effect for some tingly, numbing anti-infectiveness. "

Keep it greasy,so it goes down easy."

LJ- I gotta work on Sunday. Bummer. that event will be fun.

Who wants to ride Saturday morning?

Lord Hayden said...

"Who wants to ride Saturday morning?"

I want to ride Saturday morning, so much so that I am willing to tell my Saturday morning soccer game that I am not willing to Make The Effort this week.

I get up early, so whenever's cool with me.

reverend dick said...

It's on then. Details posted soon.