Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

14 August 2008

get right with _____________(insert godhead of choice here)



Oh my god. This speaks to me, fundamentally, in tongues. Not least because of Lucinda Williams' take on it.

I'm in the process of building a shrine for the Love Muffin Cafe, in Moab. Whether it's late night fork rebuilds, sampling canned beer in a poorly lit parking lot while eating overpriced fries when you had really wanted tater tots, or preparing cryptically titled food items-pure gold. So, I was doing a little research into bike shrines, and found this. Our man Harrison Mayes spread his personal Sweet Baby Jesus by bike. None of these bakfiet-come-lately types are hauling any kind of ass like the weight of the world.

I've got to start building me(and you?) some riding shrines. Perhaps these trailside attractions will be inspirational and stocked with the essentials- a pint of Old Grandad, patch kit, chain links and tool, matches, allen wrench set, clear plastic rain cape, maybe some lube. You know. Stuff you can use.

Maybe I'll tell you where they are, if you ask nicely. Maybe not, the way the whole easter egg situation has been working out.
Amen and pass the snakes, brother.
____________________________________________________________________


Y'all thought I was joking when I raved about the taint moleskin? Well, think again, suckers. Ridiculous as it seems at first, it is a fantastic idea for epic rides. Not so sure about the whole reuse thing, though.

No comments: