Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

28 August 2008

Dental Hygeine

J had his 1st day of preschool today. He pretended to be shy. He is happy to go, though. It's what the Big Boys do.

This left me kidless for a while. It was weird. I decided to make the most of it by going to the dentist. Via fixed crosscheck and offroad, of course. I had an hour to get there, and managed to pack in the sneaky pete loop in it's entirety! From Church World HQ up the hill, up some more, over and up again, across, roll, roll, down, down, doooown. Post sswc08, legs feeling suplesse. It's nice. 12 minutes to spare.

Trails are super dry right now.

The hygeinist was the new girl, whose name I forget, and again she was better than D_____, the guy with whom they used to schedule me. He's a triathalete who talks about his crappy tribike and tries to pump me for equipment advice. That's fine, I lik to talk about bikes. But not for 15 (no kidding) minutes with my bib on under a bright light while someone sits over my face holding dental tools prior to actually getting to the cleaning. When I worked at Joselyn's, he'd come in and take up my time going over products we had in stock and then not buy them. He'd go home and order them online. Weak.[SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHOP!!!!]

So, this new girl has a bike, and claims to use it, but no talky talk. She also has a nice hand with the highpower dental tools; it doesn't hurt when she is blasting away. She seems very fired up about dental health, which is what you want in someone responsible for keeping your mouf healthy. She even made sure my water bottle was refilled before I left.

Left the dentist and rode up Veteran's to Pebble trails. Where I dropped my chain on the downhill, and grabbed a whole lotta brake(s) to skid to a stop in the duff. The chain had wrapped twice around the cog in the time it took me to stop. I don't know how y'all ride brakeless.( Maybe you are better mechanics, and check tension during rides? I had checked tension before riding, along with tire pressure.) Pulled out the useful Crank Bros. Multitool and straightened myself out. Rolled on more dirt to home, and still had all my teef.

No comments: