Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

25 September 2008

This was today:

I just really like the wear. Evidence of past adventures. Including the pine sap in the lower rear corner that glued me to the seat on one of the longer SC rambles.


Snuck around to end up over here. See those fire roads heading off? Took those down to #50...




which was even more washed out than before. No surprise with continued dryness.


My shadow self is pointing at the square edged drop into the sandy corner. I've mentioned this before. More so, now.

More ssssssssand, on those sneaky trails above Reservation Road. A___ showed them to Fast F____ and me recently.


Washed up here, at the bench overlook.

A___ L____ and I were riding the trail around the edge of the bunkers back in 2002(?), when we came up on a guy with the above bench (newly built, by him) loaded in a BOB Trailer. He was working that trail with a mattock. Which personal initiative is not officially sanctioned by the powers that be. We stopped to talk to him, and the Presidio/military cops rolled by on the other side of the chainlink. I've never seen a smoother reaction; he didn't even turn his head or interrupt his sentence, he just opened his hand and let the mattock fall over. I aspire to that level of super ninja stealth.

Next time (and every time since) we came out there, the bench has been there. He said he made it for the New Year Celebratory ride he and his buddies do. It's a spot to drink champagne. Perhaps the champagne of beers.




Ask me about the time Mysterious B___ S_____ and I were out there under a full moon. It's when the Owl 1st claimed me as it's Spirit Guide. That's right it claimed me.


There were choices:


I found this:



Then, after school was out, the kids and I swung by the shop on the way to Dennis the Menace Park. At the shop, we picked up this:

Which held this:

I've waited 3 years.

4 comments:

Lord Hayden said...

The owls are not what they seem

Little_Jewford said...

The owls have been out in force lately around the ord. I've been stuck inside for 2 weeks working on a proposal, seeing the pictures make me wonder why I complain so much about living around here (and the hub picture makes we want to sing "pretty in pike", but not the movie soundtrack version). Sat I will taste dirt again...

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Man that sand looks a tad duanting. I think I would need something with a throttle to get through that sugar!
Nice post and pics. Congrats on the new Gadget!

reverend dick said...

Sir Lord- No, they sure as hell aren't.

When B___ and I were stopped enjoying some whiskey and the moonlit view at that overlook, an owl swooped UP from below the rim, hovered 7 feet off the deck and screamed at us. I nearly fell over. Holy shit, that's an effective strategy for scaring little furry animals into a heart attack or a blind panic.

How's Annie?

LJ- yeah, man. Get some!

WB- I took that picture because I was stopped. Stopped cold.