Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

08 September 2008

Same emaS


Look back over the past several posts for today's ride report. Same bike, same sneaks and shortcuts. Not a complaint, just the facts. Still a Good Time, yes.





I forgot to mention the equestrian I passed the other day near a spot where technically bikes are not allowed- made for some discomfort. Smile and nod, say hello calmly to the horse, turn face slightly away and roll smoothly by. Couple days later, on this same type ride, I rolled up QUICK behind 2 older hikers, who seemed unaware of me. They did not hear me? They did not care? I came within 20feet, before I could stop quietly (I did not want to spook them and make it an issue, or have them remember me) and wait for a while as they continued on down the hill without a backwards glance...

I'm thinking of it today because I met this guy at the top of the sneaky connector above Veteran's, and he asked where I'd been. I mentioned a place and he told me "You're famous for that, you know." I did not know, and it ain't welcome news. Mr. M__________, you know I love you- and it's fine that you know- but loose lips and all that. I can only hope that "fame" is actually extremely limited. Those who know don't tell...if y'all want to ride some kickass stuff off the racer monitor training loop, let me know in person. You know who you are. Secret stuff is _ucking shhhhsecret, man. Everbody knows that.

4 comments:

bloodline said...

just a philosophical point about secrets.... there are no secrets. you can try to remain anonymous with your black boxes and pseudonyms but everybody knows who you are... it's written on the internet... just google some of your more famous rides and see what comes up....why hide when there is no hiding place...

Anonymous said...

Pancho was a bandit boys...
'pancho and lefty' written by townes van Zant

reverend dick said...

Well...that's not entirely true. I mean, Pancho was a bandit- but anonymity is alive and well in lots of regards. Masking appearances keeps casual lookieloos from recognizing us.
And specifics written like t___ about places like V______ Trail keep people from googling the term and coming up here. It is true that it were better to not mention this stuff at all if it's truly hidden (and sometimes that is the case, but y'all never know, hunh?) but really...where's the fun in that?
My lawyer says I should structure my life like an alibi, but I'm too undisciplined.

bloodline said...

you are a walking alibi... oh and by the way welcome to the 'no privacy' state...'we all patriots' er spies no, no, 'ever vigilant big brothers' here, join us/drink the kool-aid