Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

05 September 2008

Longer than the road that stretches out ahead...

Fixed miles on the cross bike. Some sneaky Secret Squirrel trails and some asphalt.




Rode the exposed climbs breathing through my mouth and sweating.





Laguna Seca had a bunch of folks on the track.






Down #50. Spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin. Pretty crapped out- corners are squared off into sand pits with lots of sandy brake bumps.





Up #50 on the other side. This next one is looking down from the top.





Tire's eye view looking West at the end of Mud Hen Express.






Back along the bike path, there was this:

Yes, that is a Great White decorated RV. And yes, that is some weird shark themed recumbent on top.




Looking South towards the ridge/Carmel Hill.


I rotated the hoods inward some, since my wrists have been feeling the strain of reaching outward from the flares to grab the brakes. In the old position they were in line with the flare angle. It's better but still needs a little more, and the hoods are creaking a little- I'll have to rewrap the bars and all. And, with them bars so low as I await a custom stem, my left hip (tensor fascia latae) has been closed up and I'm feeling it as there's no option for stretching while coasting. Still, all and all. I felt grrrreat! The past week has been a big one for fixed cross, and my legs are on. Power was available whenever I called on it- to stomp up and over short sharp rises, to punch through lights with traffic, to keep from slipping out on sandy climbs...


Whatever y'all heard to the contrary, Summer ain't over.

4 comments:

Human Wrecking Ball said...

What great country you have to ride in. Have you ever visited the Frank Lloyd Wright house by the coast? It's one of my favorites, I hope to swing through there some day but if I do, I am bringing gears and fat tires!

reverend dick said...

WB- nope. I'll have to check it out. You come on out here and we can ride there on skinny tires real quick like via trails.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

http://www.carmelcalifornia.com/gallery/frank-lloyd-wright-hr.jpg

That would be a dream trip Rev, I will upgrade to XTR lungs and legs at the local shop, before I come out.

reverend dick said...

Wow. I didn't know that was a FLW place. Yes, it is maybe 3 miles from Church HQ? We'd have to ride pave.