Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

23 September 2008

Here kitty kitty...


More sneaky linked routes on the SS29er lead to quick impressions regarding the Black Cat SS with the Hunter rigid fork:

Rails around corners real quick-like. I notice this so much right now, coming off the fixed crosscheck, since I have to weight it over the top and stay there pedaling. With the Black Cat, I lean off it and swing it around. Like waterskiing.I hate to do it, but: it pounces. I been jumpin stuff. Little stuff jumpin fnord. This bike feels like it lands on all 4 feet. Ssssolid. This cat moves foward without moving.



And also this:

I'm slowly turning the Karate Monkey (dependable and versatile and heavy as it is- it turns slowly) into a Camping Bike and thinking about the Big Dumb Condor Tour. That entails a bunch of parts swapping: drops (Nitto 177...48cm! wide), about 120mm worth of spacers to push those bars skyward (Hey, it's a working bike and it don't cost nothin. It'll be ugly, but it'll fit so pretty), back to rigid fork status, racks, barcon shifters using whatever guts I have in the drawer, and these SWEET XTR M900 cranks

and deraillers that I'm taking off the Xtracycle, as it morphs into ssshhhh- don't jinx it... It's also back to whatever linear pull brakes I pull out of the brake box, steel railed B17 Champion special in Honey, and Thomson 27.2 mm seatpost. And I can run whatever tires I feel like running.

You can't stop me, I'm a machine.

No comments: