Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

31 December 2008

May...




May God bless and keep you always,
May your wishes all come true,
May you always do for others
And let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung,
May you stay forever young,
Forever young, forever young,
May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous,
May you grow up to be true,
May you always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you.
May you always be courageous,
Stand upright and be strong,
May you stay forever young,
Forever young, forever young,
May you stay forever young.

May your hands always be busy,
May your feet always be swift,
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful,
May your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young,
Forever young, forever young,
May you stay forever young


HAPPY NEW YEAR , y'all.

8 comments:

Lord Hayden said...

Everyone knows Dylan stole that song from Rod Stewart

reverend dick said...

Oh. Did you hear about how Zimmerman was taken to the hospital to have his stomach pumped?

Lord Hayden said...

I also heard that there are bands of Salinas gangsters roaming Pebble Beach who drive around with their lights off. When you flash them, they chase you down and murder you, as part of their initiaion.

reverend dick said...

Well, I heard those lightless jackasses were all on bicycles. But they WILL chase you down and murder you as part of their initiaion, that part is accurate.

Gunnar Berg said...

This is a young person's song, written by a young man, foolishly assuming that "young" is a desirable state. It ain't. After trying out both young and old, I much prefer old. I don't want to be young, I just want my body to feel younger.

reverend dick said...

Gunnar, you know they make whiskey for just such a purpose?

My interpretation of that song is that it is more about the state of bliss and innocence natural to children before they grow older and turn rotten. Somewhere around the age of 4.

Gunnar Berg said...

Young Man! I do NOT want to be 4! nor in any state of bliss!

The other problem is energy. I got me some of that whiskey stuff, but it has proved to be a temporary solution to one issue and a contributing factor to the other.

Seriously, I am as close to bliss as I've ever been. And it took me a lot of years of philosophical introspection to get here. I don't want to go through it again.

I went to a small college with Robert's younger brother, who was famous by association. A couple of times Dylan supposedly stopped by to say hello. At least that was the rumor spreading like wildfire across campus by the crowd casually milling about hoping to catch a Bob sighting.

I have a few vinyls of Dylan, but frankly I never really got it - obviously my shortcoming, not his.

reverend dick said...

OK, OK. I will allow you to think what you lik.