Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

02 January 2009

...pieces of Our Lord, scattered all over the floor of the approving church down the street

(my personal) Top Gear from 2008.

*Ibex wool...

Polos because they are unbelievably soft and good lookin, and plus wool let's you ride to your end in comfort and arrive still dapper. The ladies lik it when I arrive dapper.

Bibs
because typical plastic cycling bib shorts are clammy and unpleasant. Or maybe that's just me. They fit snug, you may want to order up. Or maybe that's just me.




*Hunter custom stem...

an elegant means of getting my bars up where they need to be. Best way to make an old (and slightly too small) bike fit.



*A Good bottle of bourbon, and a drinkable bottle of Bourbon...

guess which one I let you sip out of without even wiping it off? You lik Scotch, but it tastes like curried dish soap to me. A good rye is nice, though.



*Panaracer tires...

Pasela for all around use. I lik a fatter tire. Inexpensive, too.


Cross for cross. It is fast but hooks up nice and sheds mud. Wears quick, though.



*Surly Big Dummy...

because it allows for stuff like that above.


*Whichever canned beer (aside from 211 Steel Reserve, a truly undrinkable swill) is currently cheapest...you know, for the drinking. It is nice to give up expectations, and hangups. Let go of your elitist hangups maaaaan, Be Free. You can buy a 6pack or a 12pack for the sameish price. What are your priorities?


*Bicycle Setup Switchups...because you already have the equipment hanging around, it keeps it inneresting to reformulate things. Making your old bike new again is cheap and fun when you use your stashed parts.


Next time: How to Ride A Century, Get Fitter Faster, and 6 Ways To Improve Your Sex Life!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a native Kentuckian, I am here to affirm that you can do better than Old GrandDad. Granted, cheap can be good, but not with bourbon.

reverend dick said...

Respectfully, non. Cheap is very necessary, as an adjunct to your Good bottle. So, if not the OG, what do you recommendo?

"Corn liqour has ruined my bo-o-o-ody, pretty women are troubling my mind."

Gunnar Berg said...

Generally good choices for a tough year. I may try the shirt myself - my color and material.

And life is just too short, at least for me, to drink cheap beer...and I think the key to drinking Scotch also unfortunately involves money. I lost my last good bottle to unruly celebrating college grads who mixed it with Coca Cola.

(Got Darling Corey on an old Doc Watson vinyl.)

Have a good year.

reverend dick said...

Cheap beer keeps you hydrated!

"It's the water"

Sorry to hear your Good bottle got mixed with (shudder} cola. My college roommate had a great story he's heard from a fellow who had interviewed Sean Connerry. Mr. connery was pouring Scotch for the two of them from his own bar, and the interviewer asked if he could have some ice in his. Mr. Connery turned and paused. "If you musht." was his reply.