Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

18 March 2008

Who are you, and what have you done to your face?

What do you think about plastic surgery? Or, is it Cosmetic Surgery?

Do you have a feature that you'd go under the knife to change? If "No", is there some scenario in which you could envision getting something altered? How will you age? I welcome any and all gratuitous wiener jokes here, as well as legitimate/thoughtful answers, and everyone can be anonymous on this one, even though that guy says a lot of dumb shi_.


This is a thought process I go through anytime I see those surgery shows, where the surgeons are just wailing away on some unconscious person with chisels or tugging like mad below the skin with scrapers that look like flensing tools.

And, today, someone who has not known me long or well grouped me with the Rivendell Readers crew of tweed-talking bag-comparers...which, let's face it, is not too far fetched a description given that I do rock the Country Gentleman Steezyle from time to time. White (perforated!) leather gloves and all. But as an overarching impression of me, strikes me as off. This person didn't mean nothin by it, and will pay dearly for the imagined slight.

Who can know what others see in the appearance?

And don't say I never gave you nothing.

3 comments:

this verdant country said...

Somebody I know just put $20k of deficit spending into her face about a year ago. She is in her 50s, and, by most accounts, an attractive woman. The surgery hasn't changed those things. She did have to hide out and rest for about two months while it healed, and it was apparently quite painful. I haven't asked, but I suspects she regrets the decision.

macmorg said...

I personally will age like a rare Catholic Whiskey. Or maybe like a good blue cheese.
Plastic surgery seems (i could be wrong) to be (this could be a cliche) a little shallow & superficial, no? Outward appearances being more important than the inner being, or some such metaphysics.
Maybe your question should have been: "Who are you and what was the face you had before your parents were born?".
I'm against it unless totally necessary, as in your case.

reverend dick said...

$20,000 face on credit? Got to pay for it somehow. Whew,Bummer. Can you ask her why? I guess that might be too forward, but I'm curious what motivates this. Katherine Hepburn felt her "turkey neck" was so unsightly that she took to wearing scarves and turtlenecks at an early age, and she was drop dead gorgeous...

Whiskey can be Catholic? Corm, you're blarney. I been bubbling those lowbrow, Snakehandling, Evangelical corn spirits. Plus, doesn't bleu fromage get all sour and runny as it ages? You're just getting sour and rummy, or maybe rheumy.