Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

25 February 2008

You know the drill...

By now, this seems routine. J and I are doing this ride at least once a week these days....stay at home Papa during the week & all. Yep, today was a Brown Lunch Day. The stove had been left in the truck, which L had taken to work, so we rode along the water front today to get there and get it.This is looking South across Carmel River Beach. Dang. It looks real silvery in the picture, it was not so dramatic live.


Looking Southwest across the handlebars towards Point Lobos.


We rode picturelessly through Pebble Beach, up the A climb (up through the Monterey Mystery Spot, where gravity is far stonger than elsewhere) and across above Huckleberry to the secret sneak down to Veteran's Park-"the periscope park"- where J had a snack and played on the equipment. I chased him around on the ground and got cocky. Took my monster show up onto the plastic walkways and slipped and busted my ass on the playground. Feckin' Sidis. It hurt, man. I got a maybe broken knuckle on my left pinky. Serious. So I sat the last 1/2 out, and then we dropped faaaaast and twisty down to the touristbike path. From there on to the Frog Pond...

Checkin the geese and ducks...


After all this rain the soil is so saturated, this is a necessity...

And you knew we were headed to the stairs.

Again with the twig addition to the fuel tab on the Esbit (love that stove). This was required today because there was only one tab packed with the stove.


Brown lunch (lentil soup) supplemented with tempeh sausage mixed with roasted cauliflower and carrots.


The stairs.
And just when I thought we were safe, the devil shows up. Evil planner of many dark Satanic tRaining camps. Master coacherguy (he can jump higher and spit farther than any Carmichael). Excellent bike fitter and knower of bike things. All around good guy...
Mr.Coach C____ B______, hisself. Look at the fancy new kit from Joselyn's. There's a clash with the fancy new rig from Jamis. What to do, what to do?

Then we rode home. My knees hurt. It's weird....but the week+ of sitting around and doing nothing has not helped my fitness.

5 comments:

Joe said...

Hey, umm... where did you get the long Surly toe straps?

Joe in Iowa

Anonymous said...

Bwahahahaha! Thats exactly how CB sits on the Park Stool at work!

reverend dick said...

The straps were give away items at last year's Interbike.

It does not surprise me one bit that he wears his kit and electrical tapes over his eyes while working. That's what the public wants- that level of dedication speaks volumes.

Anonymous said...

my goodness, that matchbook has the words "sleaze otter" written on it.
that wouldn't refer to a super hip, super fun event surrounding this years extrafuntastic bike festival would it? i sure would like to participate in something fun, instead of another lame movie premier starring all the same jocks we've been force fed as "pushing the sport in new directions". gosh, i sure would like to get a break from all the marketing hype and go on a bike ride and end up in Mortimer's looking for double cards on the sleaze otter poker ride, but ending up passed out in the bathroom with my pants around my ankles and a smile on my face.
tell us all about this spontaneous, leaderless, police friendly, ride!

reverend dick said...

I went on that ride last year, and it kicked ass. That's where I got the matchbook. You and the pants? That's an idea we could've rolled with from the git go. Hmmm...I heard it's going on this year, let's wait and see...