Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

18 February 2008

2008 Countyline Jamboree


Here is my well chosen race machine, pre-Jamboree...
With my well chosen race tires...

The County Line kicked off this Saturday past, and I'm pretty sure I won this year. This "race" is such a bad idea. I don't know the actual mileage, so I'll say 60 miles. Am I wrong? Divided by thirds between road/railroad track(on/within spitting distance) /beach. Santa Cruz, North to South. Wadell Beach, High Noon:

Rolling with DanO at the front...(photos from flick'r...De La Paz Coffee)


Beer stop on the tracks...

Beach riding...(photos from flick'r...twowheeledlady)


Party at Hunter Cycles' HQ...(photos from my camera)


The trophy...I forgot to take it home, so someone else may have actual possession of it...look at the FuckoRacingProducts rear brake, and fancy shifter mount on that green sled. See Woody sleeping on the floor.
My post-Jamboree beat-ass rig. Note the custom bent seatpost. I'd shown up with a little bit of a cold set bend to the cheeeeeeep 7/8' post and hoped for the best. Kept my weight on the rivet as much as possible while killing it down Hwy 1. It was Flexy Day for me, with all kinds of different shimmies going on. With the fixed/too small/mixte/whipped parts/bent crank set up I was running, it got a little hairy at speed downhill...Rode accordingly- spared the saddle on the railroad tracks (yes, between the rails for awhile) and babied it in the gravel beds. Threw the bike down gently when stopping for booze (or parking inside for the bar stop (Brady's?). And then, as I was leaving the checkpoint/beer stop in Capitola and riding down to the beach, I got careless. I guess. One little bump with my weight on the saddle, and there you go. Done and won. I won because I skipped the beach.

Real Good Time.

Though, last year was better :
KB and D. G____, missed you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah that sucked