Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

01 February 2008

Updates on Philo Beddoe

Yes. The Father-Daughter Dance was a great success. My favorite cyclo-xer was deejaying, and spun the things we all wanted to hear, including "Sweet Home Alabama"?!? All the white people got up and danced to it, though. Clearly he knows his business. I had a good time watching the other fathers get funky, and a better time watching the girls throw it down. Those elementary school girls have skills.

I'd like to say we danced "the Smurf, the Popeye, and the Jerry Lewis". We actually danced the Chicken Dance, the Cha Cha Slide, and the Robot ( a lot of the Robot). And N and I looked smashing:
Good times.

Those of you who keep track of such things, will wonder whether our man Philo was in attendance.He was. Out on the floor with his daughter moving to the undeniable beat of "Another One Bites the Dust", and the "YMCA".

And now to bed. Fremont Peak (trailerless) tomorrow. Gotta get my ass up early so those guys can hand it to me...

2 comments:

grommet said...

Damn, you guys look goooood.......Clint must be freakin' old?

reverend dick said...

Yes, the DJ told me I clean up real good. Other people said my head looked lumpy. N always looks nice (she makes a point of it), and who knew she's such a fantastic dancer? Guess those late night dance parties over xmas past paid off.

Mr. Beddoe is quite old- 75? Which makes it all the sweeter that he's out on the floor smiling and dancing, waving dual peace signs during YMCA. I guess he didn't feel like flinging his arms around with reckless abandon. Ans I can respect that.