Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

15 November 2008

Open letter to The Wind

Dear Sir or Madam,

Given the recent increase in your disruptive activities, I regret to inform you that you are henceforth persona non grata. All Church members (and I mean that how you think I do) are herewith instructed to Shun you. This shall include the Turning Of The Cheek, the Going To The Drops, and potentially the devastating Choosing Of Other Routes!

Where these options are not available (such as on my commute, where you insist on blowing hard first one way and then, denying me the tailwind!, another) you shall be cursed. Members are encouraged to be creative in their cursing, for it is by the very inventiveness of their invective that they shall be delivered.

Should you wish to make an appropriate Act of Contrition, you (clearly) know where to find me.

Sincerely,
The Right Reverend Richard Greyson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the congregation says, "Amen".

Gunnar Berg said...

This is a nice piece of writing.

Out here on the prairie the wind tends to blow from the East early and swing around to the West in the afternoon. Tends to. I try use this knowlrdge to outwit it.

reverend dick said...

Thank you, Gunnar.

The wind is the cruelest mistress. Give me never ending climbs any day.