Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

18 June 2011

now I'm smelling like Indonesia

Full Strawberry Moon access denied. Mean streets of Carmel to the Ord and back. Low lying fog. Reflected city light kept the trails surprisingly well lit. It helps that the sand is so white. We used Princeton Tec Eos Headlamps (seriously, these are great lights! I've used mine for 2 years now, and had zero problems. Versatile and fairly bright. A super value. ) to ride the shady grove trails over by the New Stairs. Evan Williams met us there, like he will. The Caprock was turn-around.

Singlespeed 32x16. Steel. Rigid. ~31miles. It's been a while since I spent some time on that bike. I'm unhappy with my tire clearance. The rigid fork is beating me up trying to pace yahoos with their mechanical advantages (i.e. shocks and gears). The fixed wheel feels more efficient (42x18) to roll rather than racy up/down off road type business. Etc.

These are just words. I rode that bike and it was fun. Now I am really pooped.

3 comments:

Lord Hayden said...

I'd rather be murdering people with "I'd rather be reading Bukowski" bumper stickers.

Not that I've ever read shit.

reverend dick said...

I seem to feel better when you're not around...


but perhaps that's cuz I feel better riding.

rik van hooydawg said...

your---smells like carpet cleaner