Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

15 June 2008

bloggity blog blogblog

Summertime, bitches.

Seems to be killing the impetus to keep up in here. Anyway, we're leaving for parts higher than sea level. Look for us on bikes in Utah, Colorado, and rafting the lower fork of the Salmon in Idaho. We'll be the ones with the dirty clothes and the smiles. I don't know how to put this delicately...I'll be riding full squish for the first time on this trip. (ok, the first extended period-I've been on single rides aboard full suspension rigs a total of 3 times ever). Back here around the middle of August, if all goes well. Perhaps updates from the road- likely not.

Hope all is well with y'all. Keep the faith, Ride yer bikes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why the squish?

Little_Jewford said...

skip the blogs and soak in everything you can....enjoy...

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Blogs are for writing about wishing we could all be doing what you are doing. After lurking on here for a while, I am starting to think your kids hit the lotto when they landed at your joint.
I envy you Rev!
Btw you will never ride a hard tail again, it's like hitting yourself with a hammer.. it feels so good when you stop!

reverend dick said...

Daily Rev-The squishy bike is for my asshands. I figured I could use it well, given the continual pounding that 2 weeks in the West gave me.

LJ- thanks.

Wrecking Ball- Thank you, but I can't live up to the hype. The kids stayed with both sets of grandparents for the duration of the riding, so it's not like you might have pictured.
They did go rafting, but again I cannot take the credit. My in-laws are big rafters (my wife has been going on multi-day float trips since she was a kid) and outdoor folks, so we tag along.
And I will ride my hardtail(s) plenty. The suspension was nice, but for the most part I prefer the feelings I get with a rigid bike. Hear you loud and clear on the hammer...