Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

25 January 2008

Enjoying the joy of others

"Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them-these are the best guides for man."
Albert Einstein

And since everyone wants to get their Apocalypse on...
They should, at the very least, get it on in stylish blue velour track suits.

The reasons are several, most of them federal....here is what I mean, a anti-nigga machine. I personally don't look at mtbr.com because it is full of talky talk. But there are some who lik to ride, and they're all riled up over the Great Divide Race vs. Tour the Divide. I only became aware of the GDR last summer, when Rick Hunter was in it, and it sounded like a real fine time to me. I lik to ride far, not so fast though. And looking at the vitriol being spewed, I'm disenchanted with the organizers on both sides. Damn, bitches, shut up and ride your bikes. Listen to our boy, Einstein.

Not that it means a lot, coming from me. I'll be riding the Colorado Trail with good friends and good intentions next summer, not either of those two events. Still. I'm not completely calloused over from the heartbreak that is pro doping-er, cycling. To have folks I'd look to for inspiration be such...bitches, well it's sad.

On the other hand, there's hope to be found. Git on your bike and find some...

Oh, and finally, beam this into your head (hit the translate button & poke around):

11 comments:

fxdwhl said...

that is a really sad thread without a lot of shit thrown back and forth. kinda makes them all look like dicks for even bothering to rebutal.

reverend dick said...

If anyone of them has any class, they'll show their mutual respect by strapping blow up dolls on their selves for the duration. You know, for stream crossings...

The Minister said...

Greetings to the Church of the Sweet Ride from the Minister of Three Circles.
Nice fire...

reverend dick said...

Lukesky...welcome. Pour some gas on it.

grommet said...

Is that Gary Fisher in the second to last photo? The one in the middle? That's amazing.........

reverend dick said...

grommet- It could be. He invented bikes, you know. Picture the 70ft. high banner at Interbike now...

At a 24hr race several years back, one of the Ellsworth employees grew sour over my (attitude) 29er, and said people would jump on whatever fad Gary Fisher gave them (I got my 29er fad from Wes Williams, but...) and went on to sat that if Gary Fisher put out a high-wheeler, I'd probably ride that (I would, actually). I told him- we were riding- that he was about to have his ass handed to him by a drunk 29er. Unfortunately, he was faster than me.

grommet said...

Ellsworth can't face the "truth", it's the "epicenter" of what's wrong with the industry these days.

grommet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matthew Lee said...

with all reverence, can you place the pic of gary fisher and his boys? are they on spaulding safety bikes? where did you find that pic? that appears to be early self-support mtb. amazing.

reverend dick said...

I must admit, I pilfered it from the archives on fixedgeargallery.com to make my stuff seem legit. Dang, busted.

It's what people did back then. Amazing on a tech level to us "moderns" only because we're soft- I am, anyway. They were using the gear they had to feckin RALLY. To them it was cutting edge. Oh, that might not be the direction you were taking. Just sayin.

We can do the same thing, RALLY. I looked at your blog, and see that you already know that...

Matthew Lee said...

geez, if that pilfering was wrong i don juan be right. it would be nice to have somebody's blessing to put that snap up somewhere in reference to acknowledged grand tour dirt riding. it reminds me of the buffalo soldiers in MT's black bike brigade only they were packin' gun pow-pow and rifles. first to rock the divide ride. they used to talk often of run-aways in their fleet. i thot it meant awol-lers but it wuz just our downhill roots they were forging sans brakes. tx for the image.