Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

10 October 2008


Finally got around to modifying the basket for L___.

We got this last winter(!) from the Hershbergers(?) via Mr. G.B. -thanks for the help and know-how, Gunner! They made the basket panniers we bought from Velo-Orange, and I believe they have a similar model currently on offer there. Not as supremely stylish and awesome, but similar.

I used my woodworking "skills" to fabricate this bracket which will hold the basket securely inside the rack frame. So's it don't bounce around, you understand.



Here it is in place.



The sharp-eyed among you will recognize this sweet leather strap recycled from an old pair of touring skis and used extensively throughout my cycling equipment. Repurposed again, to attach the basket to the upright at the back of the rack.



On the bike here to test it's viability. Matchy, not-matchy.




So I shellacked it to matchy.



I love the usefulness and craft of the Epic Designs Bags, but the aesthetic is just too plastic for me to fully embrace. (That's your link, J. As per our discussion whilst bike-camping.) This lovely town and country biking vibe we have right here, though...that's right up my alley. Now L can carry all her junk to work. And in style, too.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Brilliant!!! Classy baskets!