Next Full Moon

Sunday, May 3rd Full Flower Moon

15 November 2008

There are Monkey Boys in the facility


J is my youngest, and in the words of my brother,"it's a good thing N [oldest, his sister] is smart. That guy is going to need a lawyer." This is a pretty accurate statement.

My mom is visiting, and has commented on his Style. He likes to "renegotiate". If you tell him something he does not want to hear, (and you can get him to acknowledge the issue at all) he'll carefully rephrase what you've told him in light of his own interests. He is 4, but is pretty sure he is turning 8.

I reminded me mom of the time when I was 4?5? and she told me to put on underwear. After several replays of me saying that I had put on the underwear, I received the ultimatum. i then went into my room and pantomimed putting on underwear (even though she was downstairs and couldn't possibly see this), before returning and again claiming to have put on the underwear. She checked, and I got spanked.

It seemed to give her a lighter perspective on what a pain in the ash the boy can be. You know, to savor the sins of the father being revisited and all...

1 comment:

bloodline said...

"The sins of the father are to be laid upon the children." - Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice," act III, sc. V, l. 1

so it is not 'your' punishment to be received(by you) via your offspring, but rather your sins which will be paid off by your children.. kinda makes me want to work off some karmic debt so my kids have a better life.

sorry to be so heavy, but it's cold and dark in minnesota this time of year...